National Chocolate Mint Day
Juicy Food News & Culture
Apparently, neither did the other 6 billion people on the planet. It appears the Oompa Loompas at the National Confectioners Association are insiduously slipping sugar-coated holidays into International Calendars in hopes of sparking a worldwide candy revolution. I can hear their little proletariat voices chanting in some underground cavern of a seemingly innocent candy factory, “VIVA LA DOLCE!!! VIVA LA DOLCE!!! VIVA LA DOLCE!!!“
This year alone; the Oompas have managed to slip these highly addictive dates into the past six weeks:
- National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day - Jan, 3rd
- National English Toffee Day - Jan, 8th
- National Peanut Brittle Day -Jan, 26th
- National Gum Drop Day - Feb, 15th
And its only February! Can National Gummi Worm Day be far away? (check your calendars, its July 15th)
But since we’re such suckers for little men with chocolate we took their brownie recipe anyway!
Mint Meltaway Cake Brownies
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-10 Fannie May® Mint Meltaways *(or See’s Chocolate Mint Truffles)
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees. Grease 2 - 8″ pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa, and water in a saucepan and continue to stir until it comes to a boil.
- Add to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla in a separate bowl. After mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- Using a food processor, grind Mint Meltaways into fine crumbs. Then add to batter and mix well.
- Divide batter into two greased pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- Smear your favorite frosting atop
If you liked this article please Subscribe for Free!
This TasteTV Celebrity Chefs Update comes from the latest news online about what the TasteTV TasteMakers Social Club say they want to know here and at TasteTV.com. technorati tags:TasteTV, restaurants, video, content, food, Chocolate, wine, recipes, cooking, Restaurant Reviews, Chef, ITV, fashion, celebrity chef